History of the village
Vacenovice village is located at the intersection of two geological formations of different ages and different character. The older layers from Neogene consisting of clay and loam, rich in water, are often overlapped by huge layers of sand, blown during the last glacial period in Pleistocene from alluvial deposits of the Morava river. This created the specific landscape, in which alternate places rich in water and extremely dry places. Sand dunes extending deep into the wetlands and constituting a dry ridges, protected on all sides by marshes and swamps and plenty of fertile land created favorable conditions, that made the vicinity of Vacenovice inhabited almost continuously since the Neolithic. The first Neolithic farmers built their simple settlement on the sand ridges in the middle of wetlands. The oldest archaeological finds from the village vicinity come approximately from the 5th millennium BC. Amateur archaeological surveys conducted in the vicinity of the village in recent years made it possible to build a cross-section from the Neolithic settlement and after the first written report about the village. The greatest population density was yet documented around the 5th century BC (Celts - settlement Rúdník), then in Roman times and the largest ever at the time of the Great Moravian Empire. There is an interesting publication from the citizen of Ratíškovice village, Mr. Galatík, about the hill Náklo on the villages boundary of Vacenovice, Ratíškovice, Milotice and Dubňany, where there was recently built lily cross and seated statue of the buyer Sámo. It's a very nice tourist spot with a view of all the world. There have been discovered 6 Slavic settlements from that time on the cadaster of the village, including one of larger type, it was fortified settlement, east of the village.
The oldest written reports on Vacenovice are from the early 13th century (the year 1228), according to which King Přemysl Ottokar I. presented 53 villages to the Velehrad monastery, among them Vacenovice. (The deed of transfer in Latin language has copied Josef P. Planit SDB, pastor in Velká nad Veličkou in 2003, from the Moravian Land Library in Brno). By the same author is also another document from 1250, when there were confirmed goods and privileges of the Velehrad's monastery, including the village Vacenovice. Formerly a part of Bzenecká Doubrava belonged to the village, which is significantly written down in history of Vacenovice. King Sigismund gave in the year 1420 to the holder of Vacenovice and his successors the right to graze cattle in the Doubrava, and hew the wood for building and burning. At the end of the 15th century all subjects in Vacenovice got this right too, what was a great privilege. Therefore, there are three acorns on the coat of arms of Vacenovice, related to this privilege. The oldest seal of the Vacenovice village is on the deed from the year 1668. Later, from the beginning of the 16th century until the 20th century, Vacenovice belonged to the dominion of Milotice. Around 1560, baptists settled in Vacenovice, who played an important role in the history of the village. Their peaceful and economically developing life ended abruptly at the beginning of the 17th century by invasion of Bočkaj's troops. After the release of the imperial patent in 1622, the baptists had to move out of the country. The findings of their pottery in the village described in his book about pottery and pitchery author Heřman Landsfeld from Strážnice (book title: Lidové hrnčířství a džbánařství). Not only based on his work continues archaeologist and researcher Jiří Pajer from Strážnice, who discovered the burning furnace of baptists - which is a rarity with Europe-wide meaning. It was discovered in 2005-2006 in Vacenovice in the garden of the house no. 44. His research in Vacenovice is documented in writing and in the movie too. Already in 1848, the municipality filed an application for establishment of a school and a year later there were lessons in the manor gamekeeper's lodge. But since 1879 a new school was built, which after various superstructures, maintenance and reconstruction works is still in use. The own history of Vacenovice begun first after the village gained independence from the parish Milotice in 1930, when the citizens of Vacenovice built a new church.
Vacenovice and its surrounding area is part of the Lower Morava Vale (czech: Dolnomoravský úval), called Mutěnice's table (czech: Mutěnická tabule). It is a flat area, consisting of aeolian sands or sands dunes. On three sides the village is surrounded by mixed and broadleaf forests. This forest massif is actually part of the natural area of Pomoraví and marginal part of the White Carpathians (czech: Bílé Karpaty), Natura 2000 (a bird territory). It is also a condition for stabilization of aeolian sands, called Moravian Sahara, part of which extends into the cadaster of Vacenovice. In terms of the water balance is this territory deficit. Through this territory goes the divide contour line of the major hydrogeologic units - Morava River basin and Thaya River Basin. Water inflows are weak. There is no larger continuous body of water. You can find here protected historical area called Jezero, in recent years revitalized water area next to Jezero, revitalized water area in the area called Hantále (former brickyard), and pond fed only by the rainfall (called Bahňák) in the area called Stanoviska. Sands are partially covered by sandy loams. Despite this all, there is a source of groundwater, which previously flowed spontaneously from artesian spring. Then there were drilled additional boreholes, but the water is not used in any way, except for utility consumption in the buildings of the former agricultural cooperative, currently company Anticoro Bábík Josef and the company Bravenec. Little pond called Húštík in the upper part of the village near the nursery school, although his surface has much diminished, still has small water inflow through the spring.